Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Let the celebrations begin....

Pheewh!!! What a day this was and it;s only the beginning!! It;s our annual "Celebrating Our People" week and damn...what a roller coaster ride!!

Day 1 started off fairly slow-we had to greet our employees at the entrance..somehow or rather I was roped in as the "unofficial" photographer...(I seem to be doing that a lot)..so there I was clicking away on my trusty camera, requests from people left and right demanding their faces be immortalized in print!!

The crowd was slowly trickling into work, some bleary eyed from the day before..(they must have had a little too much..), as people approached the entrance, we took bets to see if we could recognize their faces from a distance!!

Some employees were so distinctive..from the way they walked, to the way they dressed, to their hair!! We gave each one some chocos and sent them on their way...some of the choch (well i think a lot of the chocs) landed in my Chef's mouth too....(hahahah)

We also prepared lunch for "Our People" ..me as always ...click..click..clicking away...my God I never knew that the people here ate so much..and I mean really really eat so MUCH! ..I saw one guy having 4 helpings of the food...the rice piled up as tall as the Everest itself ! I must say the food was actually delicious...compared to the usual S**t I have! We also had this cake cutting ceremony, and that was a total chaotic situation!!

The cake was wheeled in by the chefs, and immediately a huge crowd formed, and they started taking pic of the cake-I said out loud that the cake was more like a celebrity than it was a cake to be eaten. And when finally it came to the eating of the cake-it was a if the people were suddenly transformed into starving piranhas!!! People pushing and shoving, thrusting plates at me...while here I was the struggling "unofficial" photographer trying to cut and serve the damn stupid cake!!!

I was getting a little annoyed..and here in this country..you cant show your annoyance nor can you raise your voice even a little for fear that "certain parties" would misunderstand it and cause a ruckus!!
So I tried as much to hold my tongue and with a little help from my friends I made it through.
Sheesh-by the time I was done- I was covered in icing and licking my fingers from all that cake! Boy...I have never ever seen anything like that in my entire life....

Tomorrow is Day 2-God only knows what's in store.....Good Luck to me....

No comments: