Saturday, June 14, 2008

In a blink...

Today while I was working, I realized that yesterday marked my 14th year with the company.Wow!!! I did not even realize it, damn...how much I have grown with the organisation, they've been really good to me also, no doubt..I remember the 1st day I went for my interview,hundreds and hundreds of people around....all looking to be the "chosen one".

A Hyatt in our hometown was a Big deal!! I did some research on the hotel, went for my 1st interview, I was so nervous..I remember I wore this really bright yellow dress type thing..hahaahha..I think I still have that dress in my closet back home, tucked away somewhere. Well, maybe that dress was a lucky charm, I got thorugh..

Believe me, what came next was a whirldwind of activity in the hotel, we were part of the pre-opening team.Meeting new people, meeting my boss..and boy..was my boss ever good looking!!!! He was like a model, tall,fair,handsome...spoke sooo well..he could melt the even the White Witch of Narnia!!!

It was an experience to remember..those carefree times...no worries..we used to party like hell..nearly every weekend we would go out..ahhh....fond memories..

Some tough times I had ...but I managed to keep my head obove water..and survived..

And look where it landed me...some 14 years later, in my cozy hotel room, with a laptop(which by the way came free) in a foreign land, learning and teaching...

Amazing!!! So, herre's to ME...may I survive another year with my sanity still intact....

No comments: