Monday, June 9, 2008

My trip to the KATC




Since I've been living in Nepal for the past 9 months, I've been trying to find ways to occupy my time productively ( as I call it) instead of lounging around on my bed or sofa...so I browsed around the web and came across this site on KATC. (that was 1 month ago) since then I have not done a single thing to accomplish my goal of going to the KATC (Kathmandu Animal Treatment Centre)


So, y'day I took a bold step and ventured into the unknown...got myself a cab, cost me a fortune..and went on my way. The journey there was kinda cool, bumpy at times, dusty of course-most of the roads here are..and scenic too. It was a 30 minute drive, the taxi driver as like all taxi drivers here, did not know the way so I had to use my trusty hp to call the centre.


Finally made it! It was a modest place, met with the ppl there, went around the place, saw the dogs in thier kennels, it was good to see that they were all taken care off, it was clean( which was really important for me)

Had a chat with the caretaker, he gave me some forms to fill and i got myself a T-shirt..


Took some pics of the doggies..Tango and Tara...she was sooo sweet (little Tara)...my heart went out to them. Now all i need to do is get my Visa done and i can start....my Visa.. another long story...for another day perhaps...

No comments: