Sunday, December 21, 2008

Back Home

I am back home for the holidays. It's good to be back with the family,the familiar surroundings,smells,sights,craziness, my cats,my room. Meeting friends certainly made the trip worthwhile too. I cleaned today, not having had the opportunity to do so in quite a while....it's so theraputic.It's been a trying 4 days also, having to see my mom's health slowly ebbing away. I feel a little guilty sometimes for not being here for her. She is alone and lonely, removed from everyone-I try to understand her but it's hard. I'm going over some sites to help me understand her illness and maybe find ways to try and deal with her condition. I pray every night for God to give her peace and I trust that HE will provide for her.I feel grateful that I have friends who are understanding and want to help in any way possible. When my brother's down, we will discuss what the next step will be. but for now, I'm glad I'm home and able to spend as much time as I can with my mother.

No comments: