Sunday, August 3, 2008

Rum Doodle..40,000 1/2 feet...










Well....what a night y'day was!! We were at Rum Doodle ...a place like no other I've seen! It's where I had my Visa party...yup..that's it! I finally got myVisa and I was out celebrating wz my buddies from work!!


Well not all Nepali's are party poopers...they also know how to have fun! The best part was that I had to get on a motorbike to get ther..and as much as I dislike R-A-I-N...I also have an aversion to bikes..of any kind. Looking at them from afar is quite ok...getting on one is the worst part...but I had no choice..that was my only mode of transportation!..mmm...my driver...God bless her soul...was patient enough with me...and took all my whining....she told me not to hold on to her..what!!! the monster of a bike was certainly going to throw me off..I could feel it...what to do??? I prayed and prayed..and the best part was that the passenger went without a bloddy helmet!!!! How could this happen? Did no one care about the pillion rider...as it was..the roads are a killer here..and sometimes there werent any street lights...Oh the pure agony!!!


Anyway we made it safely and in 1 piece...my knees were wobbly from the whole ride...


I went straight up to the restaurant cum bar..it was soo cool...there were footprint shaped paper stuck everywhere...from trekkers who had been there...the place was really cozy...so we went ahead and sat ourselves down for food and drinks..waiting for my other buddies to arrive...they came trickling in ....we had our resident all rounder ( self appointed photog/barman/entertainer) who kept us in stitches while poking fun at my expense no doubt!


We had our rocker mum too..and our party animal as well..all in all it was a riot!!! One thing about the place is that it's clean,affordable and the toilets are smartly identified..for the men it states" For those who stand"and for the ladies" For those who sit"..hmmm....interesting I thought!


I also managed to come across a team from Malaysia who left thier mark on a footprint!


All of us vowed that we would make this a monthly ritual...soo till the next month...

No comments: