Thursday, July 3, 2008

Of Wild parties and Wilder people!!!!


Boy!! What a night I had y'day!! The 1st and probably last time I will ever attend an F&B get together (NEPALI style)....I thought I'd seen it all , wild parties but this was verging on OVER the TOP!! The party started at 6pm and I heard went on till 2am, half the crowd were pissed drunk to walk a straight line! and that was only at 8.30pm when I arrived. Now ,the team predominantly male, were waiting in anticipation ( so I heard) for my arrival.....I could not understand why...they were calling their boss asking if I was coming..blah..blah..blah...

When I arrived I was whisked away by a drunk /high (who cares) employee I know and forced to get a drink. I politely declined...and practically had to pry myself from his clutches!!! Foul breath, not to mention creep feeling....I found myself suddenly thrust into another crowd of "high" testosterone males who all insisted I dance with them...damn!! I was feeling a little frazzled by all this...I made an excuse that I would get a drink 1st before I danced, so I headed to the bar....got myself a coke..(Thank God for that!!)

Sat myself next to my sober colleague and pretended to talk to him...until the Drunken Masters(I shall call them that-DM for short) blared my name through the mike.calling me on stage!! well it was not really a stage..more like 2 steps up to the DJ console...(whatever!!)....they had a small cake all set out for one of the few ladies who were present..was her B'day...so we all sang the song...and she cut her cake...and out of the blue one of the DM tried to shove a piece in my face...the more I avoided..the more he tried to shove it!!!

I grabbed the cake from him and went to sit again....another one of the DM sat next to me and started babbling on about how I looked..etc..etc....at that point I felt really uneasy...luckily for me..one of my colleagues saved me....Bless his heart.

I tried to escape and did a few times..but most of it was spent in the company of men who were just off their rockers...They just acted like fools and I felt sorry for them....coz even though THEY would not remember what happened , I WOULD!!!! Pity I didn;t have my camera or take pics...that would have been a hoot!!

Hmmm...oh well....something I learnt only in Nepal....


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow M...sounds like a very trying nite out. I am sure you managed to keep yourself save....you are a survivor after all! My, my ....dont you just hate when testosterone and alcohol get mixed up in a bad way! Anyway pretty lil you must have been so tempting and too good to resist for these deprived (depraved is applicable too)goons. Must have been quite an experience...hehehe.....